Blog Archive

Thursday 3 May 2012

The plight of the Unemployed

I know I said I'd forget about this blog but honestly, there's nothing else to do.

If you ask me, Unemployed Man has it made for job searching.
There is only so much a lady can do to keep entertained in this black hole of unemployment. I've already handed out a dozen or so resumes, read terrible fanfiction, went to the park (because I'm classy and broke.), cleaned, cooked, painted my toe nails and watched some random youtube videos. *sigh* I mean, the most exciting thing I've done all week was going to the park last night with one of my best-friends and being asked if we were a couple kids smoking weed. Neither of us touch the stuff and were just talking. Living the high life, I know.. please, put your jealousy away for a bit okay? 

Mind you, while cooking the other day I nearly set the kitchen on fire. First off, let me defend myself in the fact that I know how to cook; my stove just didn't remember that it's electric and not gas. I was frying up some boiled potatoes in the frying pan with a bit of olive oil; when I went to move the pan to get them moving around as not to burn; somehow the pan caught fire. Causing this brave lass to jump back with ninja like reflexes, stare and yell "Oh, shit!". Thankfully the pan was only an inferno for a couple seconds and no one (meaning myself) was harmed but still, I'm surprised I didn't piss myself. Another bonus being that my potatoes were able to be salvaged and finished cooking in a different pan and yes, on a different burner. Delicious noms (food) were still eaten and a full tummy is all that really matters, right?

How these things happen to me; I have no clue! Just lucky I guess, and unemployed which gives someone wayyy too much time on their hands... Anyway there's an update. Hurrah! We made it to two full posts of rambles concerning nothing of real importance - unless you count the food. Tune into the next episode airing (probably) on May 5th! Featuring who knows what?! 

I mean, I sure as hell don't.




No comments:

Post a Comment